Wednesday, September 23, 2009

NewsHunt Faqs

What are the charges for sending the SMS?

Rs.3 /SMS.

Are there any charges to download NewsHunt?

There are no additional download charges except the data charges based on your GPRS plan with your mobile operator will apply.

Which GPRS plan do I need to access NewsHunt?

NewsHunt can be accessed even with the basic GPRS plans of Idea.

During installation of NewsHunt, select your default GPRS plan like Idea fresh or Vodafone live or Airtel live etc.

I have got the link to download NEWSHUNT, now how do I install it on my phone?

Please click on the link and the downloading will begin automatically, save it on your Phone memory or memory card. After the downloading is over, the installation will begin automatically. Please follow the simple instructions shown on your mobile screen while installing.

I have got the link to download NEWSHUNT, but when I click on the link I am getting the alert message saying “Subscribe to packet data first”.

Please confirm that the GPRS plan is active in your number and you have received the GPRS settings from your operator.

After clicking on the link, i have got the download page, but when I click on the “Click here” link I am getting “link not available” message.

It is possible that while “Click here” was clicked, phone has not received any response. Please try again to download the same.

After clicking on the link, I am getting “no valid certificate” error.

It means that the required verisign certificate is not available in your handset.

Is this service available to all over the world ?

No, currently its available within India only.

I have downloaded the application successfully, but when I launch the application it says unable to connect. Please check your GPRS settings.

Please check that proper access point is configured in your handset. Further information on how to configure access point is available on http://newshunt.com/Support.

How can I know or find out where NewsHunt has downloaded or installed on my mobile phone?

NewsHunt will install and reside on either your phone menu or in the applications or games menu depending on your mobile settings.

What if I want to add or remove any category?

Click on OPTIONS and click on CHOOSE CATEGORIES and select or remove the categories you like.

Can I save the images / Pictures shown in the picture gallery ?

No, currently this feature is not enabled but we are looking in to adding several such features in future.

I want to read a news story mentioned Sandesh in NewsHunt. How do I read it in detail?

Just click on the news story you wish to read and the story will open up in detail. Keep scrolling down and click on MORE to read the story more.

How do I read some other newspaper apart from my regular one?

When you start/open NewsHunt, click on the “OPTIONS” button on your phone and click on ‘Change newspaper”. Upon clicking, you will again get a list of the various newspapers available in NewsHunt and by clicking on the newspaper that you want to read, you will be able to read the same after subscribing to it.

How do I remove or uninstall NewsHunt from the phone?

Please go to Applications manager in your phone and click on remove or uninstall NewsHunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers